Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Crysis 2 Trailer Shows Off Multiplayer Details



When it was released in 2007, Crysis probably became known more for being the bane of weak-hearted PC rigs everywhere than for anything relating to the game itself. Having played the original, I can attest that while there were a lot of cool ideas in there, some questionable design choices left me frustrated (zero gravity alien level, being confined to hallways when all I wanted to do is run around the jungle and be a badass, etc.). One thing that I felt was lacking in the original was the multiplayer. It was probably too ambitious for its own good, providing players with huge maps and a vast array of weapons to buy from an in-game shop. Basic, primal fun seemed to fall by the wayside.

On March 25, EA and Crytek will bring us Crysis 2. Above, you'll see a new trailer that explains some of the new features and ideas that are being put into multiplayer. It all looks kind of cool on the surface, but it seems like balance could become a big issue. I don't want to head into a multiplayer server, only to constantly get my ass handed to me on a silver platter by some guy with a ridiculously powered-up Nanosuit. Hopefully that won't be an issue, because the multiplayer here looks like it could potentially be pretty good. Potentially.

AddThis

Share |